Sunday, August 16, 2015

Circle Quilts

Circle quilts are some of my favorite quilts to make.  I love the different look that they have.

 This quilt I made for Alex's 2nd grade teacher, Mrs. Mabe, when she was having a baby.  We wrote the names of all the kids in the class on the circles and put their thumb prints in the center of the circle.

 This quilt was made for Alex's 1st grade teacher, Mrs. Henderson.  We both loved her so much (and she loved Alex).  It was such a great year that I made her a quilt to thank her for all she did for Alex.
 The same year that I made a quilt for Mrs. Henderson, I made this quilt for Carter's 3rd grade teacher, Mrs. Justice.  She is one of my favorite teachers of all time.  If I could hire her to teach all my kids every year I would.  What an amazing lady and the quilt was a small token of what I felt for her.
This quilt I made for Mom Urbanawiz as she started Chemotherapy.  It has black Minky on the back.  The batik fabrics and the purples just remind me of Connie.

No comments:

Post a Comment